Politiche sulla privacy
Last Modified April 24th 2013
In this Agreement, the "Service" means the provision of Riot Pins (as defined below) by Riot Games and ancillary services with respect thereto by Riot Games, made available via the dedicated web platform on the Site, which Service generally allows end users to purchase in-Game virtual goods through the redemption of Riot Points (as defined below) acquired through the redemption of Riot Pins. In this Policy, "you" and "your" mean the user of the Site and the Service with respect to whom this Policy applies. If you are an individual acting on behalf of a business entity, the terms "you" and "your" shall include such business entity and such business entity's parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies.
For purposes of this Policy, the following terms shall be defined as set forth below:
- "Riot Pin" means a code number which, when registered with Riot Games, provides the applicable Riot Pin Credit when activated.
- "Riot Pin Credit" means a credit for a designated number of Riot Points applied to a Riot Pin.
- "Riot Points"" means the Riot Games redeemable point system used by end users for the purpose of licensing in-Game virtual items, including, without limitation, champions, champion skins, boosts and any other features as determined by Riot Games in its sole discretion, whether now known or hereafter devised.
Riot Games complies with the U.S. - EU Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries and Switzerland. Riot Games has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Riot Games' certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE PRACTICES
What Basic Information Does Riot Games Collect?
We typically only collect personal information that you provided to us on a voluntary basis, and you may visit areas on the Site without choosing to do so. However, in order to use certain parts of the Site and to use the Service, you will be required to create an account by providing us your email address and selecting a unique username and password (an "Account"). In the course of creating and maintaining your account, you may be required to provide some or all of the following information as may be applicable: your personal first name and last name, business name, phone number, facsimile number, address (i.e., street, city, state, country, and postal code), tax authority, tax identification number, VAT number (if applicable) café PC count, and café internet protocol address.
In the course of maintaining your Account, you might also be asked to participate in online surveys about the Game or Service, or in other Game or Service-related promotional contests, participation in which is entirely voluntary. You might also desire to contact our customer support team via the support link located at the bottom of the Site. In participating in such promotional activities or in contacting customer support, you might be requested to provide additional information. In operating the Site or otherwise offering the Service, we might also request other information from you, including hardware specs of computers in your facilities, software performance metrics, game experience, demographic information, platform preferences, and other game ownership information. Please note that in using the Site or using the Service, you will be requested to provide additional information in order to complete a purchase, such as your bank account or credit card information (or other payment information depending on the payment method selected). In some instances, information provided for payment purposes will also be shared with a third party payment provider, and in such case none of this information (such as bank account and credit card information) is collected or stored by Riot Games. Please see Section IV below regarding how third parties working on behalf of Riot Games use your personal information.
What Additional Information Does Riot Games Collect?
- AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors' domain names and internet protocol (IP) addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). In addition, your web browser may transmit to Riot Games certain geographic information or other information regarding your computer, including its capabilities, hardware specs and data processing. No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous "traffic data" that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
- COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard "cookies" feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Site. While we do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at the Site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
- WEB BEACONS. Our Site pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails and online advertising to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns.
What Does Riot Games Do With Collected Information?
- ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze the Site traffic, but we do not examine this information for individually identifying information. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
- COMPELLED DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Riot Games or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Riot Games or the users of the Site or Game, or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site or Game.
- SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through the Site or otherwise collected in connection with the Service. If Riot Games or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Site.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION. Unfortunately, we do not maintain any procedures for you to review or request changes to the information that we collect about you, except that you may request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us in accordance with Section VII.A below.
The Site and the Service have security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you. We store your personal information on our servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to protect the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to Riot Games employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the Site, the Service, and the Game. All Riot Games personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the use of the Service or the Site and we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse to you or to any third party. You acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk.
When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
We may share your personal information with service providers that we engage for the purpose of processing information on our and your behalf, such as to fulfill orders, collect billing information and process payments. While providing services for us, these companies may access your personal information.
Dispute Resolution Outside The European Union
If you are a resident of any country not a current member of the European Union, you agree that should any dispute or claim arise out of, or relate to, this Policy ("Claim"), you will attempt in good faith to negotiate a written resolution of the Claim directly with us. You agree that if the matter remains unresolved for thirty (30) days after one party has provided written notice of the Claim to the other party, all parties shall join in mediation services in Los Angeles, California with a mutually agreed mediator in an attempt to resolve the dispute. Should you file any arbitration claims, or any administrative or legal actions without first having attempted to resolve the matter by mediation, then you agree that you will not be entitled to recover attorneys' fees, even if you would otherwise be entitled to them.
Riot Games will send its notice to the address we have on file to the extent that you have provided additional contact information to us (e.g. by participating in a promotional or survey, or contacting a customer services representative). Otherwise, we will send our notice to the email address associated with your Account. You will send your notice to Riot Games, Inc., 10736 Jefferson Blvd #622, Culver City, California, 90230, Attn: Legal Department. Please note that this informal resolution procedure does not suspend any statutory limitation periods applicable to the bringing of a Claim.
Dispute Resolution Within The European Union
If you are a resident of any country that is a current member of the European Union, should you have a dispute or claim arising out of, or relating to, this Policy, you may report your claim to the European Union Data Protection Authorities located in your jurisdiction.
EUROPEAN COMMISSION'S DIRECTIVE ON DATA PROTECTION - SAFE HARBOR
We adhere to the Safe Harbor principles established by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Union to comply with the European Commission's Directive on Data Protection.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices regarding your personal information related to the Site or Service, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database and deactivate your Account, please feel contact us at email@example.com. Please note that the deletion of your data will lead to the termination of your Account and applicable services. However, also note that when you delete your Account, we may retain your Account information for a reasonable period of time afterward for the purpose of internal account management and fraud prevention activities.
Updates and Changes
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.